Godstoppedby

Monday, December 1, 2014

MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

I am an American. I am not a Republican. I am not a Democrat. I am not a Tea Partier. I am not an Anarchist. I do vote. My heritage is French, Irish, English, Dutch, Scottish, Spanish, and Native American. I consider myself to be a patriot. I love my country. My father's people came here on the Mayflower. My lineage can be traced to the Revolutionary War on both sides; warriors from both sides fought for freedom.
On the outside, my skin is beige, my eyes are green, my hair is brown. (well, mostly; it's a bit silver too) On the inside, my blood is red, I have two lungs, two kidneys, one heart, and lots of other stuff that is the same color as every other person on earth. That's my body.


 I also have a soul. I feel, think, and make decisions with my soul. Other people do the same.


 I also have a spirit. My spirit has no earthly color, but it is full of light and bears the colors of heaven.


 I have a Father who said that I'm made in his image and likeness, and he said you are too. So what does that mean? Well, it doesn't mean that God is beige. He also isn't black, brown, red, or yellow. We all look like our Father on the inside, in the deepest place of who we are. As proud as I am of my earthly heritage, I'm so much more blessed to know that my heavenly Father loves me, and that I'm a citizen there first, before I am a citizen here. So are you. And yes, he does see our color. As a matter of fact, he loves the variety. That's why he made us so different from each other. Maybe we can begin to see ourselves in the light of his love for us. Maybe we can take a breath and try again to love the way he loves. Maybe we can stop listening to the t.v., the radio, and all the angry ones who stir up trouble, and get on God's side of the troubles our world is facing. Maybe we can listen to him and get an original thought about how we can change things instead of repeating what so and so has to say. Maybe we can even love one another as he has loved us; after all, it cost him plenty. It cost the life of Jesus. One who laid down his life for a friend. You. Me. He calls us friends.  He died for us, and before he did, he prayed, "Father, make them one, just as you and I are one." This is the prayer of Jesus for the world. This is my prayer. May it be yours too.

No comments: