Godstoppedby

Monday, January 3, 2011

PAUSE

my poor blog has be neglected...abandoned....ignored. WOW! Kinda like some people. I have been asking myself lately, "What would Jesus do?" But I really mean it. Not some easy out or skip around it stuff, but REALLY, what would He do in the circumstance I am finding myself in? Question # 1.
My pastor has been preaching on mercy these last few weeks. I hear this. Am I this? Question  #2 which I am contemplating as I wonder if I can make room in my life for some people and things that I don't really WANT to make room for. As I ponder some relationships I have let go of because they are just too hard. (sigh). I keep coming back to that same question "What would Jesus do? REALLY."
 Honestly, I don't know. But I am still asking. I think God has stopped by and put my process on PAUSE. At least this area of process. I don't feel the need to rush into understanding, just to get there. Maybe I am like the Grinch; my heart is two sizes too small. Not always, but it does seem to shrink a bit when I think on these things. That usually means that I am in for some serious stretching. Where is Cindy Lou Who when I need her?

2 comments:

Cindy Campbell said...

My friend, yes you are this! You have never turned me away when I've come to you with an issue and usually with a firm hand have guided me (even though I was often reluctant) with Mercy down the path I needed to take. So- yes, in my life you are doing what Jesus would do. How could you doubt it?
As to the stretching of the heart- could you grow yours for me too? I don't want to go through it but know I must grow much more to do what God has asked me to do! Praying for encouragement and peace in this for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginnie,

Thanks for sharing. He is the Potter and we are the clay. Jill Austin addressed this so well. It's ok to be on "pause," as God is not in a hurry. At least you are asking and listening. The Potter is kneading the clay and making it softer. He never give us on us. I have experienced mercy from your heart. Thank you!
Love, Donna